Faculty & Staff Resources

Travel & Entertainment

Direct Bill ID (Prepayment for Travel):

Faculty in Rhetoric, Film & Media and History of Art can request a Direct Bill ID to be generated for either themselves or a sponsored guest by clicking here. Once the Direct Bill ID has been created, it will be emailed directly to the traveler and they will be able to contact UC Travel either via phone 877-885-8632 (within U.S.)  or 818-238-4445 (outside the U.S.)  or email: connexxus.travelrequests@bcdtravel.com to book their trip.  This will allow the department to provide payment for the airfare so that the traveler does not need to pay out of pocket and wait to be reimbursed.

If travel request is related to an event you are planning:

If your guests will require airfare, they will need to complete the Direct Bill Request form located here


Faculty in Rhetoric, Film & Media and History of Art can request by submitting your request here. Please note your visitor may need to be set up as a Vendor in order to be paid. You can find additional information here


For all of these requests, please make it clear whether the expenses should be charged to departmental funds or your own research funds or some other source; if out of your funds, please indicate which if you have a preference.

Travel and Entertainment Reimbursements:

To request reimbursement for your travel and/or entertainment expenses for which you’ve paid out of pocket (e.g., restaurant meals with colleagues or students, deli or supermarket food for a reception after a talk, etc.) please go here. Please note that the program code that should be listed on your funding chartstring will almost always be 40. You can find your chartstring and fund balance on PI Portfolio. Need help using the reimbursement system? PDF of step by step instructions or Videos. For details on allowable reimbursements, please see Entertainment Policy in a Nutshell and Travel Policy in a Nutshell.

Entertainment Vendor Request:

To request payment directly to a vendor such as Market Hall or Ann’s Catering, please submit the final invoice to reimburse@berkeley.edu along with the Entertainment Purchase Order Form