Programs / Undergraduate
San Francisco Cinematheque
Film Festival Internship
Start Date: Ongoing
Faculty: Jeffrey Skoller,
CROSSROADS is Cinematheque’s annual film festival celebrating recent (and rediscovered) artist-made film, video and performance cinema. Founded in 2010, each year CROSSROADS presents a diverse lineup of contemporary avant-garde/experimental film/video work from the international community. In its eight years of existence, CROSSROADS has emerged as a significant international film/video showcase, having become a choice festival for filmmakers to premiere and screen work, and a destination festival for engaged curators, film enthusiasts, like-minded filmmakers and loyal community members. CROSSROADS 2018 will take place May at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Start Date: ASAP
Minimum Commitment: through December 15, 2017 (through the May 2018 presentation of the CROSSROADS film festival is preferred)
Desired Availability: 6–8 hours/week on a schedule to be determined. With the right candidate, components of this internship may be performed remotely.
Cinematheque’s CROSSROADS festival internship is ideal for those interested in learning about contemporary international avant-garde cinema, about film festival curatorial processes and about non-profit arts administration in general. This position will work closely with Cinematheque’s Artistic Director and Technical Directors on all aspects of planning and executing CROSSROADS 2018. To apply for an internship, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the name of the internship in the subject line.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Management of film submission databases
● Correspondence with filmmakers and artists
● Management of print traffic
● Text compilation, copy editing and design proofing of program guide
● Solicitation and management of volunteers during festival
● Organization and management of filmmakers’ party in conjunction with Cinematheque staff and Board
● Post-festival shipping of films and festival material to filmmakers
● Additional assistance to Festival and Artistic Director as needed
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
● A sense of professionalism with regard to representing the organization
● An enthusiasm for developing relationships with artists, festival sponsors, audiences and other segments of our community
● Strong attention to detail and organization
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, WordPress and Google Apps
● Ability to take direction but also work independently where required
● Previous administrative or management experience a plus
● Access to a personal laptop computer a plus.
● Driver’s License and car a plus.
To apply for an internship, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the internship in the subject line.